Novel Subpial Vector Delivery
Neurgain’s novel delivery technology is designed to bypass the traditional obstacles of spinal cord disease treatment.
Our novel subpial delivery technology approach will provide, for the first time:
- The ability for clinicians to directly deliver therapeutics agents straight to a segment or spinal site (“Precision Neurology”)
- An alternative to intravenous delivery
- In the case of Pain therapy, relief could be possible in a single therapeutic delivery
- A more precise approach; both in dosage and site access
- The potential to reduce the need for addicting pain medication
PROMISING PRECLINICAL RESULTS ACHIEVED
Neurgain’s Novel Subpial Delivery Technology is actively being studied and the results are encouraging:
- The use of higher doses (100-200ul; 1.2x10(13) g.c.) of subpially injected AAV9 is effective in leading to a multi-segmental (5-8 segments) of transgene expression in adult pig or NHP.
- The use of smaller doses-volumes (10-50ul; 1.2x10(13) g.c.) of subpially injected AAV9 (unilateral delivery) is effective in leading to a unilateral dorsal horn neurons infection in targeted spinal segments.
Our technologies are designed to overcome traditional safety and efficacy concerns by enabling the possibility of on-the-spot delivery of key therapeutics. THAT is Precision Neurology.
What happens when we improve delivery of therapeutics?
Because some conditions effect the entire spinal cord whereas others are site/segment specific the ideal delivery technology needs have the ability to achieve either
- Wide-spread transgene expression in the entire spinal cord and brain
- Segment and/or spinal site-specific expression in those conditions where localized specific site is responsible as in the case of neuropathic pain or muscle spasticity
Specific, On-Target Delivery
Where traditional approaches can only deliver drugs to the best available general region, Neurgain’s technology is designed to offer the opportunity for more direct targeting of the site of a desired treatment.
More Accurate Dosing
While traditional therapies potentially expose the body to more of the therapeutic than is actually needed for effective treatment, Neurgain technology will enable clinicians to administer more accurate dosage.
Traditional therapies have only been “good enough”.
With Precision Neurology, we are doing better.
Applications for Innovative Delivery Technology
The opportunities for applying improved therapeutics delivery are extraordinary.
- Neurgain is actively developing proprietary applications using its delivery technology, including gene therapies for treatments of neuropathic pain and chronic spasticity.
- In collaboration with partners Neurgain’s Technology can provide a new approach to delivery of their therapies.
How will Neurgain’s innovative delivery technology revolutionize what you can do?
Neurgain offers its novel subpial delivery technology under license to select organizations around the world.